Acts: The Spread of the Gospel

This study is taken from John MacArthur's "Acts: The Spread of the Gospel." My prayer and goal for this devo is that we will learn more about how the early church laid the foundation for what we possess today, and that we would allow God to use us to turn our world upside for Him!

This will be an exciting journey, so encourage others to join you! I'm looking forward to the interaction we will have on this blog as we study the book of Acts!

The devos will differ in format from day to day, but two things are constant: 1) a daily reading, and 2) additional Scripture passages that are in bold. Be sure to read any and all of the readings/bold verses that appear so that you can see the full picture of what is taught that day.

Remember, you can access any of the previous devos that have been posted from the "Blog Archive" section on the left side of this page.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Joseph: 17-30 - Joseph Does Time in Prison! - Devo for 10/09/08

Reading
Genesis 39:20-40:23

Questions
We are never more Christlike than when we serve. One writer said, "God has three sorts of servants in the world: some are slaves, and serve Him from fear; others are hirelings, and serve for wages; and the last are sons, who serve because they love."

1. How do you serve?
2. Who do you presently serve in your life?
3. List some of the acts of service you have done for others in the last three weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

questions:

1.well...i think i serve as a slave because when an oppertunatey comes up for me to serve i dont think twice about it its just like im always willing to do it(not trying to have pride).

2.friends, my Church, and whatever i feel lead to do that Gods tells me too.

3.i've talked to some kids when they have had a problem, i do the morning pledges at my school, and helped a teacher with some stuff that she really needed done. also i helped my friends move their books into a new classroom.

Anonymous said...

1. well probably a servent.
2. my church, and whatever God tell me to do
3. talked to friends, help the teacher if she needs my help

Anonymous said...

1.well i am always willing to do anything to serve of help out at the church or if someone in need i naturally always raise my hand or ask just like taylor said i don't second guess myself.

2.church members, family, friends, any type of minstery i guess.

3.helped some of my friends get through struggles or hard times, helped around the house a lot more, checked up on people just to make sure they are doing ok, asked teachers for help.